Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, March 1, 2014


Resin Airbus Miniature with Garuda Indonesia Livery


I spent almost a year doing some experiment on producing Airbus miniature from resin. Before I begin reproducing with resin, the first thing I have to do is to build master model of Airbus A 330-300.


Airbus Corporate Livery


Airbus Corporate Livery


I collect plenty of Airbus A 330-300 references, in every angle to get the detail. And we can even get the blue print of that plane from official Airbus’ website, 

Airbus image reference

http://www.airbus.com/aircraftfamilies/passengeraircraft/a330family/a330-300/specifications/ .

Airbus blue print


I fix the size to fit the wood I have, which is 5 cm X 5 cm X 50 cm. I print it on 3 leaf of A4 paper. So you can do some experiment with the size suit you.

After I printed the blue print for main body, I transfer that paper shape to the wood. And make some first cut to it.

Draw the basic main body shape base on the blue print


The wood with basic shape outline
Cut the area outside the outline, side view
Cut the area outside the outline, topview

Use chisel, knife, or any other tool to cut off the edge to make the wood look more like a main body of a plane

5 cm X 5 cm X 50 cm of wood

First cut is the deepest :)

Now it looks more like it

To be continued to next part...


0 comments: